Sunday, May 29, 2005

One-sided conversations

Hello, everyone, and welcome. I saw several other volunteers using this blog site and thought it would be good. After almost a year of writing journal entries on my site, I've grown tired of not have reciprocal messages, and I want to know what you think. Hopefully, my journaling can spark some conversation. I feel like I speak to the void. I shall also try to become more diligent on checking this blog, since I know more people will be reading and responding...well, that's the idea anyway. I have a new post saved on my computer and will upload it on Tuesday.

2 Comments:

At 5/30/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Danigral said...

That's true in a way. It's also true that in cities, these traditions aren't followed as much as in the villages. As people become more global and urbanized, I think, they lose their interconnectedness with others, which is rather ironic. That's what has happened in America, too.

 
At 5/31/2005 08:27:00 PM, Blogger Danigral said...

Yeah I've been thinking about the way Americans have to "stimulate" themselves, as you put it. They have to do more and more in their day to feel like it has been fulfilling. But as far as loving the simple things in a village, it could be that they just don't come to expect more, because there is nothing else to do. It's like how Americans go camping to appreciate nature and deliberately slow-down. Here everyday life is like that. In that sense, Americans have sort-of retroprogressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home